Wednesday, August 15

Small steps



Small steps... I'm just not very good at them. Maybe I should have been a writer because my imagination whisks me away on a daily basis. I have an amazing talent to form a teeny tiny concept within this mind of mine and within a matter of hours convert it into an entire, life encompassing, minutely detailed reality that must happen; and happen now!
I suppose that I should be glad that I am a big picture person but at the same time, this means that I am not so good at seeing the wood for the trees as it were.
I am getting better, though. I just have to keep pulling myself up and saying "Hey, slow down a minute, breathe, now, one thing at a time." But man, it's hard.
Cos I want it and I want it now :-)
I want to have an amazingly overflowing, beauteous and bountiful organic garden. I want to make bouquets from it everyday. I want to work in the sun, surrounded by flowers. I want to share it all with my wonderful boyfriend and fantastic friends. I want to keep my great day job at the florist and live in the country at the same time. I want to create, to cook, to sew and to sing. To get this little business off the ground and rocking. And I believe (maybe somewhat misguidedly) that I can do it all; chronic pain condition included.
Hmmmm ?
So, I suppose, if it's going to happen; I'd better practice my small steps and get a bit better on the patience thing!
Oh and one more thing... why can't I grow chocolate cosmos from seed if I want to, dammit?

No comments: